Road Trips - we drive you to explore anywhere in British Columbia
In addition to the private Marine Adventure and Ecotours we already operate with our Zodiac, Birds of a Feather also offers Road Trip drive-abouts in our "back yard" on Vancouver Island, and anywhere else in British Columbia in our H3 Hummer, or 4-door passenger sedan Dodge Charger.
This junior 5 cylinder is the more environmentally version of the larger cousin the H2. The H3 seats 5 adults very comfortably with lots of interior room. It cruises nicely on the highway yet eats up any back-road trail, or logging road we have taken it on.
Sit back relax, enjoy the scenery, and leave the "getting lost" to us. While we have many suggestions - wine tasting vineyard tours, up island scenic tours, Juan de Fuca Marine Trail access points from China Beach to Port Renfrew and all points in between, Gulf islands explorations, and varying degrees of off-roading the back roads only accessible with a 4x4 - we are completely open to driving just about anywhere on the west coast you might also suggest.
We run these private road trips year-round. We typically only schedule 1 of these tours per week - need to leave some time to be out exploring in the Zodiac - so book early!
Each trip is ideal for 2 people; an extra 3rd person is considered on a case by case basis having regard for the nature of the trip.
Cost: $485.00 per couple per day; 3rd person add $50.00
Discounts and Packages
- if you book both a road trip and a Marine EcoTour save 10% on each one, or
- if you are a guest of our B&B and book both a road trip and a Marine EcoTour save 15% on each one.
Road Trip Duration: approximately 5 to 7 hours; no set time
- Spend a Day with us: is our most popular trip. Essentially we get a feel for what type of experience you are generally looking for, and then we take you along to join us on a day having fun. In short, you get to hang out with us locals while we go exploring for the day; Ashley is a "home-grown" local Vancouver Island girl.
- Winery Tours: Leave the driving to us as you enjoy the tastes of a variety of Vancouver Island vineyards, many of which are off the beaten path.
- Cheese Tours: Often combined with our winery and/or winery & chocolate tours.
- Up Island Day Trips: Visit the local Maritime Centre Sea-side village of Cowichan Bay. Loose count of the native totem poles throughout the city of Duncan, and admire the murals of Chemainus. Photograph the goats living on the roof of the Coombs market, and at Cathedral Grove have your breath taken away by the 800 year old Douglas Firs.
- Pacific Marine Circle Route Journey "coast to coast" on Vancouver Island for views of the Juan de Fuca, Haro and Georgia Straits along this 255 km (158 mi) route.
- Real Estate Exploration / Familiarization: Moving to the West Coast but don't really know all that Vancouver Island has to offer? Let us know generally what type of areas you are interested in, and we will share our local knowledge of Vancouver island with you by driving you there. Leave the driving to us and take the time to actually see what you are driving through.
- Back Roads Exploration: Vancouver Island is criss-crossed with logging and other secondary roads from one end to the other. While many are gated to the public, many others offer an opportunity to enjoy the pristine wilderness. Our Hummer is ideal to safely reach and explore these back roads.
- Gulf Island Exploration: We offer this adventure with our Zodiac, however, not everyone is comfortable being out on the water. We can plan a day trip to one or more of the Gulf Islands crossing by BC car ferry. Our favourite is Salt Spring Island home to many artisans and the famous open air market.
Call today to inquire: 1-800-730-4790
Here are some links to our photo albums on our Facebook page