Facial Skin Care by Paphada
Ever wonder why Thai women look so young?
Birds of a Feather owner, and Thai esthetician Paphada offers facial skin care in Victoria during Spring / Summer, and at Birds of a Feather Thailand in Buriram during Fall / Winter.
Paphada's Facials will leave you relaxed, and rejuvenated while drawing out your natural beauty in your face. The setting is peaceful and visually stunning. Listen to real birds - not spa music.
- $59.00 1 hour session
- Consulation / Preparation / Cleansing / Exfoliation & Extraction / Mask / Massage / Toner, Serums & Moisturizer
- Open every day 11:00 am to 6:00 pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Masks: Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Charcoal, Gold Leaf, Cucumber, Tamarine
- I begin with a free consultation asking you questions about your skin concerns, your diet, how much water you drink, which drugs and supplements you take, and products you are currently using.
- If you use Retin-A my preference is to not give you a treatment as your skin will be more sensitive to cleansers and such even though they are natural and organic.
- If you are pregnant, or breast feeding I also do not wish to expose you to any products which will be absorbed in to your skin.
- I wrap your hair with a towel to keep product off of it leaving your face and forehead exposed. I also offer you a blanket for your comfort. There is no reason to take off your clothes. Arrive in something comfortable.
- I have a huge electric deluxe spa chair / table and will adjust it to a comfortable position best for your body shape and size.
- I will determine your basic skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal) and skin conditions (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun-damage, dehydration, etc.)
- I will then choose the appropriate products and treatments, and consult with you about what I recommend.
Cleansing & Exfoliation
- The first step is thorough cleansing - usually with Gold Collagen - using cotton pads, esthetician wipes and sponges.
- Depending on your skin condition I may do a double-cleanse.
- Surface dead skin cells will be rubbed away during the cleanse. Depending on your skin condition and sensitivity I may also use an organic gritty textured cleanser.
- I do NOT do chemical peels.
- A facial massage can smooth away the tension we hold in our faces, leaving you feeling more at ease and relaxed. I use classic strokes like effleurage and other techiques learned in Thailand to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles. The Facial mask I recommend targets your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature) and condition. I will also give you a short scalp and shoulder massage.
- Your facial will conclude with an application of toner, serums, moisturizers, and sunscreen if it's daytime.
Advice on home skin care
- I will tell you what I think you can do to take care of your skin, and only if asked will recommend products without pushing any on you.
Hot Stone Massage
- Spa: 250-391-8889
- Cell: 250-415-6663 | texts welcome