We have 1 pet-friendly suite on the 2nd floor
(the middle one in the picture above)
We welcome quiet, well trained, and well mannered pet dogs and service dogs in luxury suite #2
No cats, or other animals allowed.
We ask you to not leave them alone at any time. Please ensure your pet will not get anxious by the presence of other guests.
Rules: Pets must:
- if you show up with a pet without having first registered your pet in advance it is likely we will turn you away and you will lose your entire reservation payment
- not to be on the beds, blankets, towels, or furniture; $200 damage deposit pre-authorized to your credit card upon arrival is forfeited
- not to be washed in the bath tub ... some people actually need to be told this ☹️
- bring your own crate, or basket
- be leashed, or carried at all times when bringing on, or off the property
- not allowed in the dining room, or on the dock, or hanging out on the property - even if leashed - there are 2 parks right here to walk your dog
- for your comfort and that of other guests, at no time should an owner allow their pet to leave animal waste anywhere on our property. Please pick up after your pet and deposit the waste in the trash container outside.
- Do NOT use guest dinnerware as pet food or water bowls. If you forgot yours, please ask.
- Pets must be free of fleas, ticks, and worms
- People visiting you during your stay may NOT bring their dogs
You agree to be responsible for any damage done by your pet. Please do not hesitate to talk to us 1-800-730-4790 about your pet to ensure all your expectations are met.
An extra "person" charge of $35 per pet per night/pet will also be applicable to offset extra cleaning and associated costs. All reservations made with pets included are prepaid and non-refundable. We often have asked other guests for their consideration, often making concessions in advance of accepting your booking. Pets may not be brought to the breakfast table out of consideration for other guests.
- Minimum 2 night prepaid non-refundable bookings - some exceptions made
- We will consider 2 pets on a case-by-case basis.
- We will not accept more than 2 pets - and then only on a case by case basis
- Only the luxury suite is designated as our pet-friendly suite - we will remove the area rugs - (laminate floors)
- A $400 pre-authorization will be obtained on your credit card at check-in which we will release upon confirmation at check-out that your pet has not been on the bed, furniture, towels, or blankets nor has caused any damage to the property
CERTIFIED GUIDE & SERVICE DOGS
A guide dog is defined as a dog trained to act as a guide for a visually impaired person, while a service dog is trained to help with specific tasks for a person with any disability. According to B.C.'s Guide Dog and Service Dog Act Both require certification.
The act states that a person with a guide dog, service dog or dog in training may have access to any public place, accommodation, building or public transportation in the same way as a person who doesn't use a guide or service dog, provided that the dog is held on a leash or harness and doesn't occupy a seat in a public conveyance or a place where food is served to the public.
- Must have current certification. Retired dogs are treated as pets.
- No fees
- No minimum stay
- Your service dog must be under your control at all times, whether this is by the means of a leash, hand gestures or voice control, your dog cannot become unruly. We will ask you to leave without refund if this is not the case as every properly certified service and guide dog is expected to be well trained
- If your service or guide dog were to damage anything in your condo, or on the property, you are still liable for the cost of those damages with your credit card on file
- While in principle it is your right to book any condo we will move you to our "pet friendly" Luxury Condo #2 for your own safety. This will avoid you potentially hitting your head under the circular staircase in the Family Condo #3, and falling while you climb in to a raised pedestal bathtub in the honeymoon condo
- If you intend to allow your service or guide dog on the bed please advise us in advance so we can change bedding to prevent damage and the next guests with allergies from suffering
- Download official BC Government "What you need to know, Service and Guide dogs" pdf
- Link to BC government web site concerning service and guide dogs