* Small weddings are still a go during this Pandemic - Click Here to see what you need to know
We are the perfect small setting, with a small umber of guests on our property suited for COVID-19 safety protocols for small events. We've been doing this for many years, however, world circumstances have suddenly shown the spot light upon our location as larger weddings are not presently practical. Get married here. Stay safe. Save $.
We have an idyllic setting - refered to by one of our guests as, "You live in a Postcard"
Looking for that beautiful special spot you'll always cherish to exchange your vows? Birds of a Feather is an affordable yet elegant solution if you want to do something special for yourselves without the acute sticker shock of a traditional wedding typically costing $25,000+. That's a big chunk of change to spend on a one-day event.
Birds of a Feather is located on a beautiful, peaceful and romantic oceanfront setting 17 km (20 minutes) around the harbour from downtown Victoria facing the majestic Olympic mountains. Our shoreline is the Esquimalt Lagoon, a Migratory Bird Sanctaury home to many birds including swans, great blue herons and kingfishers, and otters. Selleck Creek flows through our property in to the ocean lagoon where the birds come to drink fresh water. Adjoining a good size oceanfront lawn with beautiful stone flower beds our private dock and/or grounds can facilitate groups of up to 20 people in a wedding party plus the number of guests staying on the property. We set this standard so as to preserve the intimacy of the property for our other guests.
If, however, your party has booked all 3 of our suites we are open to discuss a slightly larger number havng regard for all of the circumstances.
Weather providing, your ceremony would be outside on our huge waterfront patio and/or dock. Inclement weather contingency would be our waterfront sunroom.
To ensure the privacy of our guests and the intamacy of our B&B we only permit guests staying with us to use our facilities for small weddings, elopments, and renewing their vows. It is not our intention to host large weddings or parties, nor are we wedding planners. Our setting and facilities are intended to be simple, initimate and romantic.
After the ceromony you can walk down to the beach, canoe or kayak the lagoon - some couples have rowed in to town - explore the old growth forest, Hatley Castle and gardens (our neighbour) or simply enjoy our grounds, or retreat to your luxurious oceanfront corner suite.
Ceremony Package including 1-night stay $985 April - October | $785 November - March
- 1-night (extra nights can be added) stay in our oceanfront Honeymoon Suite - No discounts if you use a different suite
- Bottle of BC wine
- Flowers placed in your suite from our gardens when in season, otherwise store bought
- Full course hot breakfast served in our modern gourmet kitchen
- Marriage Commissioner for Ceremony
- 2 Witnesses when you don't have your own (required by law)
- Assistance with Information on How to Obtain a Marriage License
- Use of Dock, sunroom and oceanfront patio
- If you ask us at the time of the ceremony we will take pictures with your camera / smart phone.
- Up to 10 guests not staying here. Additional people $35 per person with a limit of 20 total visiting guests. This is done to discourage larger groups.
- Price the same year round. If inclement weather ceremony will be held indoors in our sunroom.
Ceremony plus Outdoor Reception Package with 1-night stay $1,985 + taxes
(without Cermony Package cost is $1,785 + taxes)
If you wish to have a reception or a post wedding party after your ceremony you will essentially be taking over the grounds for the duration of the event and will need to:
- Book all 3 suites so only your group and ourselves are on the property
- Up to 10 guests not staying here. Additional people $35 per person with a limit of 20 total visiting guests.
- Look after your own food (no we don't offer a kitchen), or use a catering service such as Truffles who have previous done a wonderful job here
- Arrange and pay for delivery / pick up of tables and chairs rental through a service such as Perdersen's who has also previously done this well here
- Arrange and pay for a tent rental if you are concerned about weather - knock on wood that's never happened yet :)
- Understand we are not here to set up, clean up, organize or manage / assist with any aspect of this. You are paying us for permission to use our space. Nothing more.
Essentially we are providing a gorgeous setting for you to use for your wedding. We’re not wedding planners, nor are we selling you those services.
These are optional extras we ourselves provide:
- Private Marine EcoTour aboard our luxury zodiac - $985.00
- Thai Facial Massage - $79.00
These are services we've used and recomend - you book direct through them if they're available:
- Couples Massage in the comfort & privacy of your suite - price varies with massage
- Mobile Hairdresser and / or make-up artist - service in your suite
- Professional photographer Leanna Rathkelly
- Live guitar/voice or violin music ($300) by our friend Jill Cooper
- Floral arrangements - all things flowers at Bespoke Blossoms
Take as many pictures and video as you like with either of our packages. If, however, you are getting married elsewhere and wish to use our grounds for photography please see information here.
Honeymoon in Thailand
Owners, Paphada and Dieter live in Thailand over the winter; Paphada was a hotel manager in Thailand.
We offer customized experiences including stays at our B&B resort in Thailand, as well as localized day trips and road trips across all areas of Thailand. If you want to experience the real Thailand as the locals do this is what we offer. For more details please visit this page: www.birdsofafeather.ca/thailand
More photos at facebook.com/bedandbreakfastvictoria