Experience authentic Thai culture with your Hosts Dieter and Paphada
Birds of a Feather Thailand is located in Buriram - city of happiness - approximately 5 hours northeast of Bangkok - 90 minutes from the Canbodian border. Paphada grew up here and knows the area very well. She also previously worked as a manager at the Royal Buriram Best Western Hotel.
We offer weekly packages to B&B guests (max 3 people) we have previously met at our B&B in Victoria. These packages are purchased in Canada and delivered by ourselves in Thailand.
We focus on us driving you off the beaten path to markets, historic sites, Budhist and Khmer temples, nature reserves, state parks, festivals, and much more.
- Local weekly starter package includes accommodation, breakfast, transportation - we personally drive you everywhere, day trips to Phanom Rung Historical Park, Muang Tum Khmer Temple, day and night markets, festivals, rural villages, local food. Guests often choose to extend this package to 2 weeks.
- Road Trip Thaland weekly custom package is us driving with you to anywhere in Thailand. We will have discussed ahead of time our recomendations based on your interests - beaches, islands, mountains, jungles, cultural and historical and loosely plan a trip based on our discussions. This trip may end with us dropping you off at a resort we may have helped you pick for the remainder of the trip, or in Bangkok where you can spend some time before flying onward.
- Road Trip South East Asia. We have friends in Buriram that also do what we do, however, they also have 20+ years experience exploring Vietnam, Canbodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia and Mynamar. A custom trip to these palces can also be added, or incorporated in to your vacation.
From April through October Birds of a Feather Victoria is in high season. November through March is high season in Thailand. The tourist seasons perfectly compliment one another in that they are opposite. All locations stay operational year-round through family, friends and staff, however, we will be on site at the respective locations in high season. This allows us to personally spend time to share our knlowledge of the local area with many of our B&B guests. This is a lifestyle choice we truly enjoy. It also facilitates our other passion, eco touring our guests around where we live.
Buri Ram, which literally means “city of happiness” or “peaceful city”, is located in the southern part of Northeastern Thailand, approximately 410 km from Bangkok. Buri Ram is renowned for ancient ruins, sandstone sanctuaries built by the Khmer Kingdom, extinct volcanoes, beautiful silk, Jasmine rice, and rich Thai culture. Buri Ram Province is home to numerous archaeological discoveries of pre-historic human habitation and ancient ruins from the Dvaravati period (6th-11th centuries C.E.)
The cultural experince here is the real thing. This area is not overrun with tourists - in fact you'll stand out! It is not about the beach, nor an all inclusive sterile resort vacation. There are loads of those places all over southern Thailand. North eastern Thailand is about the cultural experience.both present day and historically.
Buriram is also home to the Buriram United Football (we call it soccer, Germans call it Fußball :), perhaps Thailand's most loved team. We celebrated a New Year's eve here at the Thunder Castle iMobile Stadium with the soccer team where we felt the heartbeat of the community.
Thailand's first international-standard motor-racing track, Buriram United International Circuit, will host the world famous Grand Touring (GT) car race in October 2014 as its inaugural event; - the first-ever Super GT race staged in Thailand!
What we are offering both at the resort, and perhaps even a little more intimately here in our home is our hospitality. Papahada was born and raised here. Her village is 15 minutes from Buriram. Let us show you around - see the markets, the ruins, the rural lifestyle and meet the people. Experience a different world safely and comfortably with us as your guides.
We will greet you in Buriram, however, it will be our pleasure to help you arrange hotels in Bangkok, airline tickets to our airport in Buriram, or ground transportation to/from Buriram.
If you are interested in discussing one of our adventures please contact us. For us this is not about how many people we can book but rather ensuring each exoperience is personal and memorable. It's simple. We live here part of the year and are inviting you to share an adventure with us.
Khao Kradong Forest Park is an extinct volcano that rises 265 meters high. It was previously known as Khmer Phanom Kradong, meaning turtle shell because of its half-moon shape. The Devil Yoni Trees here are found only in volcanic areas. We can either drive up the massif, or walk up the 297 Naga raj steps, which have Buddha statues in various poses along the way. The pool halfway at the top is said to be the mouth of the volcano and features a suspension bridge across it, while the lava rocks are proof of volcanic activity at one time. The top offers scenic views of the surrounding countryside and is also home to a large Buddha image, Phra Suphattharabophit, considered to be the symbol of Buri Ram. The ancient stupa houses a replica of the Buddha’s footprint.
- Local weekly - $250 CAD / day / 1 or 2 persons same price. Includes accommodation, transportation, breakfast, daily guide services.
- Road Trips - $250 CAD / day for 1 or 2 persons same price. Includes transportation.