We have an idyllic setting - refered to by one of our guests as, "You live in a Postcard."
Looking for that beautiful special spot you'll always cherish to exchange your vows? Birds of a Feather is an affordable yet elegant solution if you want to do something special for yourselves without the acute sticker shock of a traditional wedding typically costing $25,000+. That's a big chunk of change to spend on a one-day event.
Birds of a Feather is located on a beautiful, peaceful and romantic oceanfront setting 17 km (20 minutes) around the harbour from downtown Victoria facing the majestic Olympic mountains. Our shoreline is the Esquimalt Lagoon, a Migratory Bird Sanctaury home to many birds including swans, great blue herons and kingfishers, and otters. Selleck Creek flows through our property in to the ocean lagoon where the birds come to drink fresh water. Adjoining a good size oceanfront lawn with beautiful stone flower beds our private dock and/or grounds can facilitate groups of up to 12 people in a wedding party. We set this standard so as to preserve the intimacy of the property for our other guests.
If, however, your party has booked all 3 of our suites we are open to discuss a slightly larger number havng regard for all of the circumstances.
Weather providing your ceremony would be outside on our dock, or on our waterfront lawn. Inclement weather contingency would be our great room on the main floor of the house.
To ensure the privacy of our guests and the intamacy of our B&B we only permit guests staying with us to use our facilities for small weddings, elopments, and renewing their vows. It is not our intention to host large weddings or parties, nor are we wedding planners. Our setting and facilities are intended to be simple, initimate and romantic.
After the ceromony you can walk down to the beach, canoe or kayak the lagoon - some couples have rowed in to town - explore the old growth forest, Hatley Castle and gardens (our neighbour) or simply enjoy our grounds, or retreat to your luxurious oceanfront corner suite.
Complete 1-night Honeymoon Package $785.00 + taxes (year round) includes:
- 1-night (extra nights can be added) stay in our oceanfront Honeymoon Suite
- Bottle of BC wine awaiting your arrival
- Flowers placed in your suite from our gardens when in season, otherwise store bought
- Full course hot breakfast served in our modern gourmet kitchen
- Marriage Commissioner for Ceremony
- 2 Witnesses when you don't have your own (required by law)
- Assistance with Information on How to Obtain a Marriage License
- Use of Dock, Patio and Oceanfront lawn for Ceremony - great room used if inclement weather
- List of Recommendations for Florists, Bakeries and local professional photographer if requested
- If you ask us at the time of the ceremony we will take pictures with your camera / smart phone.
- Up to 12 people in party. Additional people $35 per person with a limit of 30 total guests.
- Price the same year round. If inclement weather ceremony will be held indoors in our great room.
Essentially we are providing a gorgeous setting for you to use for your wedding. We’re not wedding planners, nor are we selling you those services.
These are optional extras we ourselves provide:
- Private EcoAdventure or our Wine, Bread and Cheese Tour - $485.00
- Private Marine EcoTour aboard our luxury zodiac - $985.00
- Thai Facial Massage - $59.00
- Add extra nights - add 2 nights and get another 1 for free
These are services we've used and recomend - you book direct through them if they're available:
- Couples Massage in the comfort & privacy of your suite - price varies with massage
- Mobile Hairdresser and / or make-up artist - service in your suite
- Professional photographer Leanna Rathkelly
Rent the entire Place - 7 bedrooms, 7 washrooms:
- book entire house & grounds sleeps up to 17 (2 Kings, 4 queens, 3 twins and 1 double bed) - limit of 30 people on the grounds - $7,500.00 for 2 nights (2 night minimum | add $2,750.00 per extra night. ($10,000 credit card damage deposit required)
- Local Hotel accommodation within minutes for more people