COVID-19 - Low hospitalizations on Vancouver Island Select "Vancouver Island" top right of the new page that opens
Our 3 self-contained, private entrance condo-suites have always been self-check-in. We were purpose-built in 2006 to give us separation in our home on the first floor from the 3 suites on the 2nd floor. Social distancing is safer here than hotels. No elevators. No indoor common areas. No crowds. Radiant floor heating means no forced air circulation. Perfectly suited for self-isolation.
- During Pandemic period 10-day Cancellation Policy details here
- Breakfasts for Direct Booked guests will be "Grab-to-Go" including fresh baked pastries until the pandemic is over after which its back to full service multi-course breakfast. Grocery stores, restaurants and food delivery all open here in Victoria. BBQ and fully equipped kitchenettes in each suite except the Family suite which has a full kitchen.
- Our suites are deep cleaned and disinfected after each guest. All suites have private entrances, and with perhaps a handful of people occasionally on the grounds there is lots of social distance. Guest reviews have been complimenting our cleanliness since long before the pandemic.
- Suites 2 and 3 each have lofts with 2 twin beds. We have adjusted our prices to take in to account that the lofts will not be used with a double occupancy / two person reservation, however, if you do require the use of a bed in the loft there will be a $35 cleaning surcharge to at least cover a some of the extra 2+ hours of deep cleaning & laundry required for the loft. If you book more than 2 people the price is already automatically adjust to account for this.
- Hot tub is open but only for minimum 2-night "exclusive hot tub use" option DIRECT bookings in the honeymoon suite with some exceptions made for repeat guests
- Here's how we helped health care workers during the Pandemic
- Self check-in keypad option upon arrival (we live downstairs) - come and go on your schedule - Luggage drop-off for early (prior to 2:30) check-ins
- FAQ Book Direct vs. OTA Booking
- Our DIRECT BOOKING prices are always lower (and unlike OTA bookings include breakfast) than booking through an OTA - what we save in commissions are passed on to you - Check availabilty and best prices here
- Free parking, wi-fi, TV, hair dryer, toiletries
- Use our complimentary canoes, or kayaks to explore the wildlife in the lagoon. Paddle, walk, or bicycle to Hatley Castle.
- Fireplaces, heated floors, fully equipped kitchenettes, BBQ, lap-top friendly workspaces, balconies, and private entrances to all suites
- No pets live on premises. Here is our pet policy - only the Luxury suite #2 is pet friendly. If you show up with a pet without having made prior arrangements it is likely we will turn you away and you will loose your entire reservation payment
- Property is 100% smoke free
- Open since 1997 - completely rebuilt in 2006
We are a licensed, professional hospitality business offering breakfast and local area knowledge to our guests. Our 3 condo suites on the 2nd floor are fully self-contained and we live downstairs on the premises.
Private suites on the waterfront of a coastal lagoon wildlife preserve 25 minutes around the harbour from downtown Victoria will exceed your expectations. Experiences right here on our property will be the keepsakes you'll take home with you, and pull on you to return. Our ocean lagoon property is one-of-a-kind. You simply won't find this at any other B&B, or hotel in Victoria.
Breakfast is a both a melody of tastes, and more experiences as guests sit in our kitchen around a large common breakfast table sharing travel stories. Like in a time not that long ago when the kitchen was the center of family life this too is the heart and soul of our bed and breakfast.
Birds of a Feather offers the hospitality of a small intimate B&B, and the privacy of a hotel with concierge service from locals who live here. Condo-like suites with private entrances were purpose-built for your quiet enjoyment.
Open the blackout blinds in your suite and the dock beckons you down to the water teaming with wildlife drinking and preening where the fresh water creek flows in to the ocean lagoon. Mount Baker towers in the distant background to the east. Oceanside locals are already beachcombing the driftwood splattered beaches. We live in a Postcard. Come for a visit and we'll share a the local experience with you.
"It's even better in person," proclaim so many of our guests. Allow us to exceed your expectations as you, Stay and Play™ or simply relax at our modern west coast destination. Sit on our dock, or in our canoe and watch wildlife - otters, seals, swans, great blue herons, bald eagles, osprey, kingfisher and a variety of seabirds - against the backdrop of the downtown Victoria skyline just around the other side of the harbour.
Birds of a Feather was voted "Most Loved" B&B in Victoria BC, and also came in First Place as the "Most Loved" in the overall category "Hotels and B&Bs." Frommer's recommended and selected by CIBC Aventura travel as one of Canada's Top 10 B&B's since 2003.
Sit in our iconic yellow adriondiak dock chairs watching cruise ships dock downtown while around you playful otters feast on freshly caught dungenous crab as swans look on. Use one of our complimentary canoes, or kayaks to explore the wildlife in the lagoon. Paddle, walk, or bicycle next door to Hatley Castle - cast as Professor Xavier's school in X-Men 2 (2003) and X-Men The Last Stand (2006) - in the old growth forest on the north shore of the lagoon. While the Japanese Gardens at Butchart are beautiful you'll marvel at the Japanese Gardens next door at Hatley. Paddle, beachcomb, or use one of our complimentary bicycles to visit the 1850 Fort Rodd Hill and 1859 Fisgard Lighthouse - the oldest on our west coast - at the far end of the lagoon. Watch eagles, hawks and osprey pull huge salmon out of the lagoon from the luxury of your suite, or the relaxing massage of our waterfront hot tub.
Established in 1997 and completely rebuilt in 2006, Birds of a Feather Victoria Bed and Breakfast is a modern B&B with 3 spacious, condo-style suites, each with its own private entrance; completely private and separate from the owner’s living quarters. Perfect for both families and honeymooners (at opposite ends), enjoy hotel privacy with all the benefits of west coast bed and breakfast hospitality. Our unique destination location offers the best of both city and nature, with Victoria’s best attractions just minutes away and a seemingly endless network of hiking trails and beachcombing on our doorstep.
Each suite features a fully-equipped kitchenette and luxury touches such as oversized soaker tubs, rain showers, gas fireplaces and radiant heated flooring. Our Honeymoon suite has its own private balcony overlooking the ocean lagoon, and all suites have access to the huge rooftop terrace with terrific views of the ocean, downtown Victoria, the Olympic Mountains and beyond. The family suite also has a private balcony with partial lagoon views.
Open year-round. High season baseline rates start at $175 | $195 | $225 from Easter through October and will fluctuate based on availability. Occassionally Last Minute rates where there is an opening in between 2 other reservations are sometimes discounted 50%. Our low season multiple night rates range from $99 to $149 fluctuating with availability November through just before Easter, EXCEPT holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, Valentines and Easter. Weekly vacation rental rates are also available year round for the same 3 suites; however, the weekly rates do not include breakfast. There are kitchenettes in each suite. Prices on 3rd party sites are typically higher than booking with us directly.
Prices are often discounted last minute when small openings in between reservations remain. When clicking any of the "Book Now" buttons the best prices are always displayed.
Over 17,000 Guest Reviews since 1997
Wir sprechen Deutsch