Cost: $ varies with each project
PMS - Property Management Systems, or HOS - Hotel Operating Systems, are used for hospitality accommodation management. They are computerized systems that facilitate the management of properties replacing paper-based methods that did not interact with OTA's and web based reservation systems.
My services here can be a combination of teaching you the basics about your choice of PMS, or a full setup and integration.
The starting place is choosing the correct PMS. Most often a hotelier / innKeeper chooses by price and/or after receiving a solicitation. It's become a very competitive market, however, price and a friendly voice will often lead to a compromised choice.
We will assist you with any PMS you choose, however, after trying 5 different systems over 5 years in 2015 we chose and continue to use Cloudbeds established in 2012, and owner of widely popular myAllocator.
Here is a list of our recomnended considerations (in no particular order) other than price when choosing a PMS:
- Guest experience and usabilty by hoteliers / innkeepers
Stability - length of time in business
(numerous PMS have gone out of business - some mid season)
Financial resources of company
(if R&D funds are limited so will usabilty, improvements and performance)
- Tech Support - 24/7 in your time zone
- Channel Manager integration and interfacing capabilities with OTA's including Expedia and it's many affiliate sites such as Hotels.com, Booking.com, AirBnB ... etc.
- Accounting functionality and financial reports
- Website and Facebook integration
- Mobility friendly
- Cloud based instead of PC based software
- Custom messaging
- User level permissions for owners and staff
Other courses offered:
- How to run a Bed and Breakfast course
- Marketing your B&B
- Innsitters Interim Innkeeping for B&B's
- On-going support Inn-Keeper Mentorship
- Student Testimonial